** FREE! **
WebDNA Server 8 is the worlds premier development tool for building dynamic websites. WebDNA Server 8 includes the powerful WebDNA Programming Language which is both scripting and databases built-in!
The Developer Edition is the perfect platform for building and testing your solutions, server wide! It includes all of the robust functionality of WebDNA Server, but allows only 3 concurrent page requests and a single domain. This allows you to use the Developer Edition to create extremely robust solutions that include WebDNA databases, shopping cart and credit card processing interfaces, IDE building, and the full WebDNA language set. Once your solution is ready to deploy, all you need to do is choose the appropriate license depending on the functionality you require!
* Access to the complete, powerful and intuitive WebDNA language.
* Includes high speed internal (WebDNA) databases as well as industry standard MySQL and ODBC support.
* Multi-platform support of Mac and Linux.
* Open integration including support for Java and other technologies.
* Incorporates XML/XSLT for integration with the latest XML technologies
* Integrated Development Environment (IDE 'Lab') with source editor (All Editions)
* Easy form to email solutions
* ISP SandBox environments
* SiteBuilder's Integrated order management solution includes support for major payment authorization systems
* Sitebuilder's HTTP upload of product and other graphics right from a browser.
What's new in WebDNA 8?:
* TLS support for secure SMTP
* Compatibility for current server operating systems.
* Various new tags and contexts
Difference Between WebDNA Server and WebDNA FastCGI:
* WebDNA Server has domain limit options, but only one administration interface for all domains, whereas WebDNA FastCGI is geared more towards one admin for each domain.
* WebDNA Server is currently built for the Apache API only.
* WebDNA Server sites don't have process isolation, but instead, it employes
a "SandBox" feature option that allows a Server Owner to give limits to users within WebDNA SandBoxes.
WebDNA Server 8 Requirements
* Requires an existing web server installation below
See older downloadable 6.0a and 6.2 installers at dev.webdna.us:
* intel 10.4 through 10.6
* OS X 10.2 or 10.3.x/10.4.x using WebStar V or Apache 1.3.x to 2.0x - PPC
* OS X 10.2 or 10.3.x/10.4.x with iTools 7/8 and Apache 2.0x - PPC
* WebDNA Server 8.0 installer supports:
Unbutu 12/14 (LTS) - CentOS 6/7 - Debian 7
* WebDNA 6.2 Installer supports:
Debian and RPM linux builds through:
Ubuntu 12.04 (LTS) and CentOS 6.3
* 6.2 Installer supports:
Both i386 and x86_64 architectures for Ubuntu 8.x and 9.x, Fedora 10x, and
OpenSUSE 11.1x, CentOS 5.5x, and RHEL5x
** Note, the Linux WebDNA Server installers may work on other OS's of the same era. However, only those tested in the README's are officially supported.
Windows: (** Windows is only supported with WebDNA 6.0a! **)
* 2000/XP/2003 Servers
Unix (currently only supported for the WebDNA 6.0a installer):
* Sun Solaris (SPARC) 8-9-10